About Me

My photo
Lansing, Michigan, United States
I am a Lansing townie, lawyer, and restaurant reviewer for the City Pulse. I love traveling, reading, yoga, and baking, but my favorite hobby is stuffing my face.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Go Green

Over the last few years I've trained myself into thinking in terms of "weekday food" and "weekend food." Essentially, I try to eat healthy during the week- lots of Greek yogurt, steamed vegetables, sardines, and tons of salad and green drinks. On the weekends I totally lose my mind.

I've tried to get the boyfriend to buy into this way of thinking as well and I will frequently catch myself saying "no, we can't have ice cream today, that's weekend food." I did make an exception yesterday, because the man rode his bike 100 miles. In one day. I don't get it either.

Here's a sampling of some of my weekday fare-

A huge salad with tuna. Roasted broccoli. Figs.



Pan-fried tilapia and steamed vegetables. Those $3 metal steamer cages are fantastic.
More frequently than not, happy hour chez Eating Lansing looks a little something like this-

He adds protein powder to his. I keep mine natural with blended spinach, carrot juice, and sometime a banana. These were both spiked with cod liver oil. I don't think these are on special at Rick's.
Every season, there is a fruit or veg that I cannot get enough of. Over the summer it's corn on the cob and blueberries. In the winter it's brussels sprouts and anything citrus. Right about now, it's apples.

I eat about 3 per day. Dunked in peanut butter, sprinkled with cinnamon, chopped and smoothie-fied, I am an insatiable apple fiend.

No comments: