About Me

My photo
Lansing, Michigan, United States
I am a Lansing townie, lawyer, and restaurant reviewer for the City Pulse. I love traveling, reading, yoga, and baking, but my favorite hobby is stuffing my face.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Sixth best thing I made this year: pumpkin doughnuts

Merry merry, everybody. Please enjoy my favorite Christmas song in this weird video.



Also, this song has an adorable and funny back story. Read it here.

Now, on to the food. For the last couple of years in the fall I've made pumpkin cupcakes. I top them with regular cream cheese frosting.

 I will also do the occasional apple cupcake with cinnamony, marshmallowy, meringue frosting.

This year, as I eyed the mini bundt pan the boyfriend bought me in July, I decided to put a little bit of the cupcake batter in and see what I came up with. What I came up with, and what I unbelievably forgot to photograph although I made them several times, were fat little doughnuts. Because I can't leave well enough alone, I melted some butter in a saucepan, threw each doughnut in for a quick dip, then rolled them in cinnamon sugar. They ended up almost crisp on the outside and completely tender and crumbly inside. They were to die for.

I could tell you that a baked doughnut is better for you than a deep fried one, and that's probably true. However, let's not forget that all this was was repurposed cupcake batter. But danged if they weren't good.

No comments: