About Me

My photo
Lansing, Michigan, United States
I am a Lansing townie, lawyer, and restaurant reviewer for the City Pulse. I love traveling, reading, yoga, and baking, but my favorite hobby is stuffing my face.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Red Lobstah and Carnie Food

A few weeks ago I had a confession to make- I'd never been to Red Lobster. Actually, I have a hazy childhood memory of maybe eating a meal of spaghetti there, but my mother can't confirm that so I couldn't substantiate the claim.

So, the boyfriend and I headed there for dinner. Lansing's Red Lobster was in total disrepair, as apparently construction is taking place. I ordered some crazy sampler platter, because I figured I might as well experience all they had to offer.


Crab legs, lobster tail, shrimp scampi, fried shrimp, a baked potato, and the requisite bowls of butter and sour cream. It was. . . ok. I told the boyfriend that it was a once in a lifetime experience, because I'd never been there before and I won't ever go back. He, in turn, told me I am a snob. That may be true, but a few weeks later I ate this-


A Polish sausage with grilled onions. Straight-up carnie food. I followed that with a corn dog and a funnel cake. So, although I do enjoy the occasional highfalutin, knock-down drag-out meal (stay tuned for scenes from Chicago), I also know how to get down at a county fair.

A few weeks after Red Lobster while at a wedding with his hometown crew, the boyfriend's high school classmate told me that we should come to Adrian and eat dinner at the Red Lobster that he manages, as he assured me that my experience would be totally different. I'd love to go. I've never met a morsel of seafood I didn't like.

No comments: