About Me

My photo
Lansing, Michigan, United States
I am a Lansing townie, lawyer, and restaurant reviewer for the City Pulse. I love traveling, reading, yoga, and baking, but my favorite hobby is stuffing my face.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Supercorn


All summer long, the boyfriend and I grilled corn on the cob. I've always had a taste for all vegetables, and corn is one of my lifelong favorites. For my birthday in June I was given a little gas grill, and we made good use of it during those hot(tish) months. 

Although I don't subscribe to the "bacon is everything" trend that is so popular nowadays, I am a human being and I do recognize that sometimes a little pig fat is warranted. With that in mind, I came up with a plan and put the boyfriend to work making something called bacon butter. He prepared about 4 slices of bacon, allowed them to cool, and crumbled them into a stick of softened butter. 

We slathered the bacon butter all over our charred corn, then topped each ear with blue cheese crumbles and chopped cilantro. And we ate and ate and ate.

One of my most popular Instagram photos ever.

I like to keep the stems on the corn for easy turning on the grill.

On the 4th of July we made supercorn, mustard potato salad, short ribs, and lemonade.

"Grilled corn" purchased from an Ann Arbor-based vendor at Old Town's Jazz Fest. Pathetic.
 

No comments: