About Me

My photo
Lansing, Michigan, United States
I am a Lansing townie, lawyer, and restaurant reviewer for the City Pulse. I love traveling, reading, yoga, and baking, but my favorite hobby is stuffing my face.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Blondie's Barn, Haslett

A few weeks ago I met my brother, sister-in-law, nephew, and their best friends for breakfast at Blondie's Barn. Although I'd gotten up much too early on that weekend morning and had already had some coffee, I couldn't resist ordering a large latte from the full coffee bar the moment I sat down.

It was large. It was the size of my head, and I have a freakishly big head. (Seriously. I can't wear most hats. You should see me struggle into a turtleneck.)

I asked our waitress if they make the corned beef hash on site, or if it's canned. I'm not a snob about it, I know corned beef hash is a pain to make, but if it's canned I always order something else. They made it there. My mouth watered.





I ordered my eggs poached and my bread in the form of biscuits. Biscuits are one of my favorite things in life and are the primary reason I love Cracker Barrel so much.

Yes, I love Cracker Barrel. I can't help it. The food is good, and every time I go there I find something in that country store that I just have to have.

This corned beef hash was fantastic. It had lots of salty flavor and was hot and fresh. The eggs were properly poached- no hardened yolk in the center. I cleaned my plate and sopped up anything that had gotten away from me with my biscuits.

Blondie's has a kitschy feel, was packed with hungry eaters, and left me one satisfied breakfaster. I could become a regular customer.

Readers, I've been doing a lot of eating, and I'm dying to tell you about it. I've also been doing a lot of working, but I'm trying to get my time management together. Stay tuned, because delicious things are coming your way.

No comments: