About Me

My photo
Lansing, Michigan, United States
I am a Lansing townie, lawyer, and restaurant reviewer for the City Pulse. I love traveling, reading, yoga, and baking, but my favorite hobby is stuffing my face.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Pork Belly at Sansu. Mistake.

If you're anything like me, when you see the words "pork belly" on a menu it's hard to think of ordering anything else. If you find yourself at Sansu anytime soon, and this item is still on the specials menu, don't order it.

Yes, it looks delicious. It ain't. There were too many chewy, rubbery bits for me to take a confident bite, and this dish was missing some serious flavor. I picked at it and then ignored it, while crying on the inside.

I wasn't that sad, though, because I'd already devoured these babies:

The Sansu avocado boats. Get back, jack. They quarter an avocado, layer it with crab salad and tuna, and tempura batter it. Let's get real for a second, "tempura battered" is highfalutin code for "deep fried." The avocado boats are legit.

I had the greatest of intentions- I thought I would get a seaweed salad and salmon sashimi and call it a night. I can't control myself. But check out what my book club girls ate:

No comments: