About Me

My photo
Lansing, Michigan, United States
I am a Lansing townie, lawyer, and restaurant reviewer for the City Pulse. I love traveling, reading, yoga, and baking, but my favorite hobby is stuffing my face.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sugarberry Frozen Yogurt

Ok, so the weather has been tolerable for several weeks, as previously mentioned. I'm still going to use it as an excuse for the frequency with which I have been eating frozen treats.

I figure that since yogurt has some amount of protein in it, I can occasionally substitute it as a meal. By "occasionally," I mean "no less than twice a week." I don't know what took me so long to find Sugarberry, but I'm so much happier with it as a part of my life.

This place is essentially a frozen yogurt bar. You pick up a container, which vary in size, and choose what flavor of yogurt you want. I think there are about eight varieties, stuff like birthday cake, pomegranate, coconut, chocolate, whatever. Don't pay any attention to these distractions. Fill your container 2/3 full of original tart.

Proceed to the toppings bar, which has enough choices for someone to really go bonkers. There are about 74 different kinds of M&Ms (who knew?), some weird-looking Asian candy, all kind of gummy things, balls of cookie dough, chopped fruit, crumbled candy bars, hot fudge, whipped cream, etcetera. Everything. Everything they could find at Meijer.

I top my original tart with blueberries and crumbled Heath bar. A note to the newbies- the candy bar crumbles are labeled on the ridge of the topping bars that is closest to you. Don't make the mistake that I did and put Reeses on your yogurt. My dinner was ruined.

No comments: