About Me

My photo
Lansing, Michigan, United States
I am a Lansing townie, lawyer, and restaurant reviewer for the City Pulse. I love traveling, reading, yoga, and baking, but my favorite hobby is stuffing my face.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Harrison Roadhouse

Last week I had lunch with my cousin. He is living the dream of being a senior at MSU with a post-graduation job waiting for him, in short, he has hit the jackpot. Ahh, college.

When I called him at 12:15 and heard his voice, I knew that it had been a late night and he was hungover. I made the executive decision that we would head to the Harrison Roadhouse so he could get the fries that would surely cure what ailed him.

It's been a few years since my last meal at the Harrison Roadhouse. I remembered it being pretty good, but sadly, this wasn't the case last week. I had a Philly cheesesteak, which was oddly served on ciabatta bread and which disgustingly included a layer of cream cheese. I scraped as much as I could out of the sandwich after my first bite, because the flavor was distracting and the texture wasn't doing the sandwich any favors.

The fries were quite soggy and nothing to write home about. Isn't the Harrison Roadhouse known for something? Is it chicken wings? Judging by the state of my sandwich, I can't imagine that anything there is widely renowned. Blech.

No comments: